Personally there for you
Before you send us a message, please check our Frequently Asked Questions. Is your question not answered here? Then write to us via the chat.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
What is the best way to use the mate sonic toothbrush?
1. Apply a pea-sized amount of toothpaste to the brush head.
2. Press the power button to select the desired brush mode. Press once for pink light, twice for blue light, three times for green light.
3. Tilt your mate by approx. 45 degrees. Position it half on the gum, half on the tooth. Start on one side at the back of the molars.
4. Now guide the brush head slowly along the rows of teeth. Always from the gums to the tooth. There is no need to make a circular brushing motion.
5. Do not exert any pressure. A light touch on the gums and teeth is sufficient. Pressure damages teeth and gums.
6. Every 30 seconds, the toothbrush gives a light vibration pulse to indicate that you should now brush the next quarter.
7. The cleaning program ends automatically after 2 minutes. Now rinse the bristles under running water. Remove toothpaste residue from between the bristles by lightly brushing your thumb through the bristles. Then dry the toothbrush with a cloth.
Important: Long-term contact with water and toothpaste residue can cause the charging contact underneath the toothbrush to rust. To prevent this, wipe the underside of the toothbrush with a dry cloth after use.
How do I clean and care for the sonic toothbrush?
The mate is a high-quality sonic toothbrush. You should treat it with care to enjoy it for a long time.
The following care tips will help:
1. Rinse the bristles well after each brushing. Hold it under running water and run your thumb through the bristles. This will remove the toothpaste that sits between the bristles.
2. Dry the sonic toothbrush with a towel after each brushing. Please make absolutely sure that the underside of the toothbrush always remains clean and dry. This is where the magnetic ring is located, which you use to charge the toothbrush in the charging station.
3. Store the mate sonic toothbrush in a clean and dry place. Please do not simply place it in a toothbrush cup. Water and toothpaste residue will collect in the bottom of the cup. If the mate stands in such an environment, the loading ring may rust. Please avoid this at all costs.
How does it work with the sound waves?
The vibrations of the mate sonic toothbrush are generated in the handpiece of the mate and then transferred to the brush head. This creates a physical abrasion, which cleans your teeth optimally. You only need to apply very slight pressure to the teeth.
How long does the battery last?
The battery is very powerful. It lasts up to 60 days*. If the battery is empty, it can be fully recharged within just two hours. Ideal conditions for vacation or business trips.
*Calculation based on 2x a day a 2 minutes cleaning. At approx. 22 degrees storage temperature and in the pink cleaning program.
Is it possible to replace the battery?
No, unfortunately the battery of your mate cannot be replaced by yourself. For a lifetime of strong battery performance, we recommend the mate Care & Repair subscription .
How do I charge the mate sonic toothbrush?
The sonic toothbrush comes with a charging station with magnetic connector. This means that the mate sonic toothbrush can simply be placed in the charging station. The battery is charged via the magnetic connector.
The charging station is connected to a power outlet. Important: A socket adapter for the USB-C charging cable is not included in the scope of delivery. You can use any conventional adapter that connects USB-C and power outlet. For example, Apple iPhone charging cable adapters.
My sonic toothbrush does not charge. What to do?
You have placed the mate in the charging station and it does not charge?
Of course, there can be several causes for this. One common cause is the position of the sonic toothbrush in the station.
1. Make sure that the toothbrush is positioned completely straight in the station. Then the light of the illuminated ring should also shine.
2. Clean the magnetic charging ring on the underside of your sonic toothbrush and dry it with a towel.
3. Clean the inside of the charging station. The contacts should be free of dirt so that they can transmit the voltage. Please do this carefully - with a handkerchief, for example.
If the toothbrush still does not charge, please contact us at email@example.com.
What is the difference with other sonic toothbrushes?
The mate sonic toothbrush is characterized above all by its slim, minimalist design. This sets it apart visually from conventional sonic toothbrushes.
Secondly, the mate does without plastic for the housing. Instead, aluminum is used. This makes it significantly more valuable and ensures a pleasant feel.
One major advantage of the mate is its outstanding battery life. It can be fully charged in just 2 hours. The battery then lasts up to 60 days! Many other sonic and e-toothbrushes need to be charged for 12 hours or more.
When should I change the brush head?
We recommend changing the brush head every two to three months at the most. This makes sense from a purely hygienic point of view. This way you always brush with a fresh toothbrush.
How long is the warranty on the device?
The statutory liability for defects of two years applies in the EU. You can also find more information in our terms and conditions.
What are the dimensions of the sonic toothbrush and bristles?
- The mate sonic toothbrush is 21 cm long with the brush head attached.
- The handle has a diameter of 1.4 cm.
- Length of the bristle field: 2.4 cm long
- Width of the bristle field: 0.9 cm
- Height of the bristles: 1.1 cm
What are the dimensions of the travel case?
The travel case is 22cm long and has a diameter of 2.3cm.
How many sound waves does the mate transmit?
The mate transmits up to 40,000 sound waves per minute.
How often should I replace the exchange head?
We recommend replacing the brush head every three months. The reason: Over time, the bristles wear out and bacteria form in the brush head. This is the case with every toothbrush. You can prevent this by changing the brush head in good time.
How do the various interchangeable heads differ?
mate offers two different interchangeable head models.
1. With soft bristles.
Perfect for all. Slightly yielding, for protection of teeth and gums.
2. The very soft nano bristles.
Cooperation with nano. The toothbrush. Very gentle cleaning. Especially good for sensitive gums.
Are the brush heads available in brick-and-mortar stores or only online?
The brush heads, like all mate items, are currently only available online at www.matebrush.de.
How long does it take for the order to reach me?
We pack and ship orders within 1 business day. The shipment with DHL then usually takes 1-2 business days. So your order is in most cases within 2-3 business days with you.
How can I track my delivery?
As soon as we have handed over your order to DHL, you will receive a shipping confirmation by mail. This will contain a link to the shipment tracking.
Important: If you only order exchangeable heads, you will not receive a tracking link. We send exchangeable heads as letter mail, because they fit in every mailbox.
Which countries do you deliver to?
We deliver out of Germany within Germany, to Austria to Switzerland and to most EU countries. Please note that deliveries to other EU countries (e.g. Switzerland) are subject to customs duties, which have to be paid by the recipient to the customs authorities of the respective country. We cannot take over these. An overview of the countries and the shipping conditions can be found here: Shipping.
What is the shipping cost?
Shipping is free of charge for orders over 100 EUR.
Below 100 EUR order value we charge a shipping fee of 4.99 EUR.
Please note that for deliveries to other EU countries (e.g. Switzerland) customs fees are incurred, which are payable by the recipient to the customs authorities of the respective country. We can not take over these.
Do you also deliver to packing stations?
Yes, we deliver by parcel shipping with DHL and therefore also to DHL packing stations. Please make sure to include a valid store number.
I have received an incorrect delivery.
Oh no, we're sorry. We probably made a mistake when packing. We will find an uncomplicated solution. Please contact our customer service with your order number at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does the mate exist in stationary retail?
No, so far the mate sonic toothbrushes and the interchangeable heads are only available in the mate online store at www.matebrush.de.
Do I have to expect customs fees?
We have our headquarters and warehouse in Germany and ship all orders out of Germany. If the delivery is made to a non-EU country, further customs duties, taxes or fees may be payable by the customer. However, the customer does not pay these to us as the seller, but to the customs or tax authorities responsible there. If you are ordering from Switzerland, for example, we recommend that you ask the customs or tax authorities for details before placing your order.
How can I return my order?
Can I exchange my order?
An exchange is generally possible. You can also use our returns portal. Please follow the instructions there.
What is the cost of the return?
The return is on us. You do not have to pay anything for it.
mate Care & Repair Subscription
How much does the mate Care & Repair subscription cost?
You get full protection for your sonic toothbrush for EUR 4.90 per month.
What is the minimum contract period?
The minimum contract period is one month.
When can I cancel?
You can cancel your subscription at any time. The cancellation takes place at the end of the current contract month.
How can I cancel?
You can view and cancel your subscription at any time in your customer profile. Click here to log in or register.
Can I take out the "mate Care & Repair" subscription at a later date?
The "mate Care & Repair" product is a subscription that can only be purchased together with a mate sonic toothbrush. A subsequent purchase is not possible.
Do I really always get a new toothbrush when I want?
Almost. You will always receive a new toothbrush if it is defective. To avoid misuse, you are entitled to two changes per year.
Where can I find the complete terms and conditions of the subscription?
Click here for the mate Care & Repair conditions.
What is the mate savings subscription and what do I need it for?
By taking out a savings subscription, you will receive your mate exchange heads at the selected delivery frequency. You no longer have to order manually. You choose the rhythm yourself.
The subscription makes your life easier. :) For example, you no longer have to remember to change your toothbrush regularly or to order new toothbrushes. They simply come in the selected delivery rhythm conveniently to your home.
Is there a minimum subscription period and how can I manage or cancel my subscription?
There is no minimum contract period. You can manage and cancel your subscription at any time in your profile. To the profile login or registration.
Can I save money by subscribing?
We honor your loyalty! If you choose a subscription model at mate, you save money compared to a single order.